According to geekthelibrary.org., “to geek” is:
· To love, to enjoy, to celebrate, to have an intense passion for.
· To express interest in.
· To possess a large amount of knowledge in.
Geek and fandom culture is a growing part of our media landscape—and an amazing opportunity to engage your library patrons of all ages.
This fast-paced webinar will share tips, tricks, resources and ideas to make your library “geekier” and fun.
Participants will learn about:
· Ideas for inexpensive geeky programs
· Fandom and geek trends
· Creating geek STEAM programs
· Large-scale geek programs
· Ideas for passive geek programs
· Anime clubs
· Ideas for geek programs for millennials and up
· How geek programs can engage your patrons
· Promoting your collection through geek programs
· Resources for finding geek program ideas
All Other Libraries: $15.00