This is an archived webinar. A mere 60 minutes in length. Easy to fit into your busy schedule.
The cost you ask? No charge for SERLS members...a mere $15.00 for all other libraries. Enjoy.
If you don’t give presentations very often, you might find the task intimidating. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Communications maven Kathy Dempsey has given roughly 200 talks over her career, both face-to-face and online.
In-person audiences have ranged from 10 people seated in a semi-circle to conference rooms with hundreds of attendees. She’ll share her pro tips on avoiding butterflies, speaking effectively, and keeping people’s attention.
Please note that this session is not a tutorial on using presentation software (PPT) or platforms (Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.). It will concentrate on personal preparation and professional delivery.
Whether you’re about to give your 1st or your 10th presentation, in a small boardroom or a big ballroom, you’ll find some tips here that will make it less nerve-wracking for you and more enjoyable for your audience.
You'll Learn About:
- Why preparation means everything
- What to know about your audience ahead of time
- How to start the presentation on a good note
- How to make the microphone your friend
- Tips for speaking slowly and clearly
- The power of eye contact
- How to connect to crowds when you’re presenting online
- Things you should avoid doing
SERLS Member Libraries: $0.00
All Other Libraries: $15.00